TAKING IT ALL IN STRIDE….
As we continue to commit to the health and safety of our members and staff during the time of this pandemic, we have made the decision to transition the YMCA Race Weekend event to a virtual format. Continuing with the tradition of this event and it’s legacy in Central New York, this choice was made with consideration for the health and safety athletes, fans, volunteers, and staff and the uncertainty of availability of park access.
We are committed to providing a fun and engaging experience even if we must keep our physical distance.
· All events will still be held virtually and can be completed anytime between Saturday August 1st and Sunday August 23rd.
· For those currently registered who would like to do the virtual race, you do not need to do anything more and more information about the race will be coming shortly
· During this time, please share your results and experiences on our event facebook page and the top three posts with the most likes will be classified as the top three finishers-Awards TBA
· Finishers receive a shirt and finisher medal, available for pick up after the event completion
· Registration cut off will be July 25th
· For those currently registered option for deferment to next year’s race will be available till July 25th as well. Please log onto your Runsignup account, go to our race, and choose defer.
Training opportunities are available for rides, runs, and pool for Y-Members. Please visit www.ycny.org for registration details.
Thank you to everyone who helps support this race!!
Jenny Hughes-Event Director
Stephanie Michaels-8K Race Director
The YMCA Race Weekend is your weekend to swim, bike and run in one of the longest-running triathlons in the United States and a challenging, picturesque trail run.
Compete in the Sprint Triathlon or Duathlon and you will:
- SWIM 1/2 mile in the striking blue-green waters of Green Lake, which was dug by mile-high glacial waterfalls 15,000 years ago
- BIKE 20 km through hilly Green Lakes State Park and along mostly flat country roads
- RUN 5km on a scenic path, through upland forests and around two meromictic lakes
The 8K Trail Race will take you across trails, gravel and grass, through old-growth forests and meadows, and around two striking blue-green lakes.
You’ll also be supporting a great cause. The weekend is run entirely by volunteers, meaning that 100% of the money raised supports the charitable work of the YMCA.